GENERAL MANAGER – CASTLE GREEN
Grade: PO6 £42,030 to £44,766 (salary negotiable according to experience)
Required January 2016
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a unique community provision into its next phase of development and expansion. The Castle Green Community Centre is housed at the heart of The Jo Richardson Community School in Dagenham. JRCS is a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) build and was established on the Castle Green site just over 10 years ago. The school has been judged to be good with outstanding features and is proud of its extensive extra-curricular provision. Since April 2015, Castle Green has become an integrated community provision run by the school. The provision is twofold: firstly, providing and promoting an extensive range of leisure and educational activities for the local community; and, secondly, as a service provider for the school building which also embraces a Children’s Centre on site.
This general manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
General Manager Job Responsibilities:
Obtains profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
General Manager Job Duties:
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
General Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
CASTLE GREEN LEISURE CENTRE
GOT A QUESTION
With over 100 leisure centres, you are sure to find one within easy reach